Terms, Conditions and Policies
5780 Windward Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Toll Free: 877.463.2863
Effective September 1, 2018
portal.myplacetools.com is owned by Place Ministries.
Terms and Definitions
- Information Provided by Users – When Users register for or sign up for accounts and services, place orders and request information, certain Products may ask for personal information (such as name, email address and password) as well as financial or payment information (such as credit card or other payment account information). This data is stored in secure, password and network protected databases on secure servers at a secure data center. Certain information that is provided may be used by certain Products or combined with other information from other services and third parties to provide a better or enhanced online experience, and to streamline or simplify the data entry, registration and/or ordering processes. Where possible and practical, certain Products may offer the User the opportunity to opt out of having their information stored and saved.
- Log information – When Users use certain Products, certain information that is sent by a User’s web browser is automatically recorded in database and/or file logs. These logs may include information such as a web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of a request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify the User’s browser.
- User communications – When a User sends email or other communication to Place Ministries or one of Place Ministries’s customers or customers’ clients, those communications may be retained in order to process inquiries, respond to user requests, troubleshoot problems and improve services.
- Affiliated sites – Certain Products offer some services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that is provided by Users to those sites may be sent to Place Ministries Products in order to provide a complete service. Place Ministries processes such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may, however, have different privacy practices and Users are encouraged to read the privacy policies of those affiliated sites.
- Links – Certain Products may present links in a format that enables information to be tracked as to whether or not certain links have been clicked and followed. This information is used to provide reporting data to Place Ministries customers and customers’ clients.
All online and printed materials are copyrighted by Jay McSwain. Place Ministries reserves all rights in regard to online and printed materials. No portion of any online content or printed material may be reproduced in any form, except for brief quotations in reviews, without written permission from the publisher. Users may not copy entire lessons to distribute to participants in order to avoid purchasing a guide for each student. All scripture references are quoted from the New International Version of the Holy Bible, unless otherwise noted. Each login account, each set of printed material and each use of an online access or activation code is limited to one (1) per person. Sharing of login accounts or printed materials is not permitted.
Place Ministries is committed to the safeguarding and protection of users’ personal information. This information will not be used or sold in any way.
- Providing products and services to Users
- Displaying of and generation of customized content and advertising
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve products and services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of Products
- Developing new Products
Place Ministries processes personal information on secure servers in the United States of America. In some cases, Place Ministries may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a customer, customer’s client or other third party or partner of Place Ministries.
Choices for Personal Information
When a User signs up for a particular Product that requires registration, Place Ministries asks the User to provide personal information. If Place Ministries intends to use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then Place Ministries will ask for the consent of the User prior to such use.
If Place Ministries proposes to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in other specific notices, Place Ministries will offer the User an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. Place Ministries will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in other specific notices, unless prior consent has been obtained from the User.
Users can decline to submit personal information to any Product, in which case Place Ministries may not be able to provide that Product to the User.
Place Ministries does not in the normal operation and conduct of business share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Place Ministries and the particular customer or customer’s client of Place Ministries for which a Product has been implemented.
If Place Ministries in good faith believes that access, use, preservation or disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to:
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- Enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- Protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Place Ministries, its customers and customers’ clients, users or the public as required or permitted by law.
then Place Ministries will provide notice before any personal information is used for such purposes.
Place Ministries may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who used a particular Product, page, service or feature, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular link. Such information does not identify website visitors individually.
Place Ministries can be contacted at its corporate business address for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
Place Ministries takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where personal data is stored.
Place Ministries restricts access to personal information to Place Ministries employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve Products. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Place Ministries processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable specific privacy notice. Place Ministries reviews its data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that Place Ministries only collects, stores and processes the personal information needed to provide or improve Products. Place Ministries takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information being processed is accurate, complete, and current, but certain Products depend on the users of those Products to update and/or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Place Ministries makes good faith efforts to provide Users with access to their personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at the request of the User if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. Place Ministries Products may ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests. Place Ministries may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where Products provide information access and correction, Place Ministries performs this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some Products have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. Place Ministries provides the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or detail areas for each specific Product.
Place Ministries regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Place Ministries’s treatment of personal information may be directed to Place Ministries through myPLACEtools.com or by writing to Place Ministries at its corporate business address. All formal written complaints received at this address will be responded to specifically. Place Ministries will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Place Ministries and an individual.
Printed Materials and Physical Merchandise
Users may request refunds for printed materials and physical merchandise that has been purchased from Place Ministries. Unused and undamaged items can be returned to Place Ministries within thirty (30) days of purchase. Returned materials and merchandise must be in the original packaging and there cannot be evidence of use. Printed materials must be in original condition and cannot be marred with written notes or highlights, and there must be no evidence the materials have at any time been disassembled.
Upon review of returned items, Place Ministries will assess their condition to determine the amount of refund if any. Refunds are subject to restocking fees, and typically do not include shipping amounts charged to deliver items to a User or for the User to return items to Place Ministries.
Purchases for Access to Online Tools and Websites
This policy covers three (3) scenarios, and the conditions for refund are different for each. All refund requests must be made within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase.
- Scenario #1: User has purchased access to one (1) online tool or website, but has not logged into or activated their account. In this case, User may contact Place Ministries to request a full refund.
- Scenario #2: User has purchased access to one (1) online tool or website and has activated and logged into their account. In this case, no refund will be made.
- Scenario #3: An individual or organization has purchased multiple tokens or licenses for access to an online tool or website with the intention of it being used by multiple people. Of the tokens or licenses purchased, one or more have not been setup or used. In this case, the individual or organization may contact Place Ministries to request a refund for any or all of the unused tokens or licenses only. No refund will be made for tokens or licenses that have been used. Any refund amount will be less any discounts provided during the original purchase that don’t apply or no longer apply to the number of items purchased.
Changes to This Policy
Additional questions or concerns about this Policy may be directed to myPLACEtools.com or by writing to the company’s corporate business address.
877 463 2863
678 867 2323
5780 Windward Pkwy Alpharetta, GA 30005